What are the best social media channels for your business – we discuss them here.
Nowadays, social media is one of the main channels used by companies to reach their target audiences. But with so many different social networks available, how do you choose which are the best social media channels for your business?
It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution.
For example, recent research has shown that teens and millennials are moving away from Facebook and into other social networks like Instagram and Snapchat. So if you’re primarily targeting teens, you may want to focus your resources on building a stronger presence on those networks.
To learn more about each social network’s strengths and weaknesses, check out the top six best social media channels from below. It covers the key stats, pros, and cons for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Snapchat. Acknowledging these can help you create and publish the most engaging content possible on the networks that work for you.
Here is a list of our best social media channels for easy and quick understanding:
1. Facebook – 1.65 Billion Monthly Active Users
- A true leader
- Easy place for a business to get started
- Facebook live product shows forward thinking
- It has become a pay-to-play network
- Page owners are subject to the whims of news feed algorithm
- Many teens and millennials prefer other networks
2. Twitter – 310 Million Monthly Active Users
- Speedy provider of real-time updates
- Periscope product is growing in popularity
- Becoming a more effective ad platform
- User growth is stalling, compared to other networks
- Twitter has implemented an algorithmic time-line
- Novice users don’t stick around
3. Instagram – 400 Million Monthly Active Users
- Visually please network offers engagement opportunity
- A go-to option for teens and millennials
- Most of Facebook’s top advertisers also active on Instagram
- Post-sorting algorithm could affect future performance
- More and more advertising could push out organic posts
- Many key features only available to advertisers
4. LinkedIN – 100 Million Monthly Active Users
- Steady, reliable performer for professionals
- The place to go for thought leadership
- Analytics are becoming stronger
- Only 1/4 of LinkedIN users are active
- Often need to post multiple times for content to be seen
- Requires a large time commitment
5. Pinterest – 100 Million Monthly Active Users
- Scores big with women, but becoming more popular with men
- Buy button is a huge win for direct commerce
- Growing as an ad platform
- Site can be confusing at first
- Quality images are an absolute need
- Still not the best place to target men
6. Snapchat – 200 Million Monthly Active Users
- High-upside network, popular with teens
- Attracting serious content creators
- Becoming a more welcoming ad platform
- Few ways to track success of snaps
- Has a huge learning curve for older users
- Still has a negative perception as a sexting app
If your business needs help with its social media exposure talk to us today. We offer a free one consultation to discuss your best social media channels and digital marketing needs.
Phone Julieana on 0274 23 95 92, www.boostmarketingnz.com, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.